The Geoff Herrington Foundation (GHF) are committed to ensuring that privacy of data is protected and respected in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). GHF are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number ZA532363.
The GHF will:
- keep all data safe and private.
- never exchange, share or sell any data we receive to any other third party outside GHF.
- only hold any information provided to us for as long as necessary.
- make sure that you are able to contact us to understand how information is processed, and have the right to ask us to stop using it.
- only make contact in ways that are appropriate and relevant to your interests.
Acceptance of this policy and our right to change it
GHF may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes on this page and make sure it is publicised clearly on our website. These changes will apply from the time we post them.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual or organisation, such as name, address, phone number, email address.
It is important that you read the full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it, and what your rights are.
- We hold personal and organisational information for the purposes of GHF.
- We will make sure that we update any data provided to us when asked to do so.
- We will only hold the data that we need.
- We will only share data where we are required to do so by law.
The full policy
This policy applies to the website we operate, our use of emails and any other methods we use for holding information. It covers what we hold and why, what we do with your information and what we will not do with your information, and what rights you have.
What information do we hold and why?
GHF are the data controller and only ever hold information that we need to achieve the objectives of the GHF. We hold the following information in relation to the organisations who make grant applications or who are provided with grants from GHF:
- Name and title or contact at organisation
- Organisational contact details to include but not limited to email address, postal address and contact telephone number
- Organisational bank details
- Copies of correspondence, both electronic and paper.
We do not hold any data for individuals supported by any of the organisations we provide grants to and we require all reports from such organisations to be anonymised.
We do not collect or hold any ‘Special Category’ data, e.g. on race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, political opinions, disability, health, sexual preferences. We do not hold any personal information on people under age 18.
How do we use this information?
We hold information in order:
- to record any contact
- for administration purposes
- to carry out obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us.
GHF will process personal and organisational information for certain legitimate organisational purposes. You have the right, at any time, to object to GHF processing personal or organisational data in this way.
Storing of information
The General Data Protection Regulations give you certain rights over your data and how we use it.
- You retain control of how we use your data and you have the right to ask us to stop processing information, which we will do. In some circumstances, we may legally be required to retain your personal or organisational information for legal or audit purposes. However, this will be discussed with you depending on your requirements.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you or your organisation and, of course, to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
- You have the right to object to our use of your personal or organisational information, or ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal or organisational information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the “right to object” and “right to erasure” or the “right to be forgotten”.
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you want to do so at email@example.com. Please note, withdrawal of consent may limit our ability to consider your organisation for a grant.
For more information
For more information about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations, go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk . GHF is not a “public authority” as defined under the Freedom of Information Act and we will therefore not respond to requests for information made under this Act.
Registered Charity No: 1160567
Policy updated on: 14th October 2019